Sunday, January 1

Goal Update

28. Complete honeymoon photo album.
It's done! While in the Dominican Republic we found a photo album very similar to the album we purchased when we went to Myrtle Beach [when we got engaged!] but I just never got pictures printed from our trip. So when we were getting Ains' newborn pics printed, I added an additional 25 or so from the Dominican and called it a day!

30. Try a new hair cut/style that I never tried before.
On November 6th, I got a perm. Grant it, I have had a perm before, but since I was in 2nd grade and it was more of a poodle perm [I wish I could find that picture!], I consider one that actually had some style to it counts as a new hairstyle. What made me decide to get a perm?! A couple of my friends have them and I like 'em, and to be honest, because of goal #29 I can't cut my hair and I was craving the attention your hair gets at the salon so I thought "What the heck?!" I like it, but I don't think I'll get it done again. Yes, it's so much easier to shower, scrunch and go, but I don't particularly like to shower every morning and the pull-it-back-in-a-pony-tail option is gone with the perm. I think I prefer the pull back and go over the shower and go option so I don't think I'll be getting it redone with I lose the curls. We'll see. ;)

69. Make a wish at 11:11 on November 11, 2011
I made a wish [which I'm not going to share what it was or it won't come true right?! Okay, I'll give ya a hint! I wished for one of my goals to come true!] at 11:11am on 11/11/11. Now since this was a week day and I'm a teacher I was at school at this time, so as any good teacher would do, I stopped my 4th period class and instructed all my students to seize the opportunity to make a wish! Between class periods I was teasing with a couple students from last year about making a wish and they were bummed that they missed the opportunity and I reminded them they did have a second chance. What!? Really?! Uh, yeah 11:11pm! Hopefully they remembered as I'd hate for them to have missed out on such a great wishing time!

83. For Christmas one year hand-make a gift for each person receiving a gift from me.
I did this this year! It was a lot of fun and a lot of thought. My plan is to blog about the 12 gifts of Christmas and touch on 12 of the gifts that I we made this year for different family members and friends. The only downfall of fulfilling this goal was that Christmas snuck up on me so on December 23rd, 24th, and 25th the earliest we got to bed was 2:30am due to finishing up gifts!

84. Write our Compassion Gospel for Asia sponsor child once a month for a year.
Well this goal has changed, not because I fulfilled it but rather because we no longer have a Compassion child. Mid-December we received a letter saying "something happen and Gerber is no longer a part of Compassion but we'll send you a new child in 5-7 business days." We called as ask not to be sent a new child as we are no longer going to support through Compassion International instead I signed up today to sponsor a child from India through Gospel for Asia--which is $8 less per month and 100% goes to the Bridge of Hope program versus paying for administrative and overhead costs--so I like that! We were able to choose our sponsor child so I picked Muthulakshmi a little 8 year old girl who has the birthday of August 27th. We'll probably have to come up with a nickname for her but she was the only girl that shared a birthday with Ainsley so despite not being able to pronounce her name, she's a keeper in our books! Perhaps we'll sponsor a child that shares a birthday with all of our [future] children! Once we get all the information packet and information, I'll try to get to work on this goal!

86. Complete paperwork for Century Farm Recognition.
My Grandma Cow lives on a farm--hence the name--and her farm has been in her family for over 100 years. Several years ago she receive recognition for Century Farm through the Historical Society but she wanted it through the Ohio Department of Agriculture as well, so between my dad and I, I said we'd take care of it for her. I told myself I'd do it this summer when I was off... and then I said I'd do it during my 6 weeks of maternity leave... and then I said I'd have it done by the time my grandma left for Florida for the winter! She left the first week of November and the application was in the mail the first week of November! Thanks largely to my Great-grandma's typed family history, in part to familysearch.org, and after several trips to the County Recorder's office, I was able to trace the farm's ownership back 113 years and learn more about my roots.
*Quick story: Some whole backside. Oh well. Even if she didn't apologize. It keeps life interesting!

91. Give money to someone who asks for it, even if I don’t “trust” their motive.
Done. To a couple students. It wasn't much and was probably spent on hot Cheetos, but he asked and I just gave it to him after just a moment of doubt and hesitation!

No comments:

Post a Comment