Thursday, December 29

Christmas Celebrations

Not all of our Christmas celebrations are through, but as behind as I am in blogging, I need desperately want to get some posts posted! This one of the best Christmases that I can remember. Of course last year was wonderful because it was last year on Christmas morning after keeping it a secret for 8 long days, I revealed to Chris that he was going to be a papa come August! And then out of his excitement we told our immediate families the same day! This was a fun, exciting, memorable Christmas, but of course we can't have that Christmas ever Christmas!!
This year was my worst Christmas in terms of preparation. On the nights of the 23rd, 24th, and 25th, Chris and I were up until at least 2:30am finishing up Christmas presents for the following days. One of my goals was to create at least one gift for everyone that I gave a gift to and with having school through the Wednesday before Christmas, I didn't make enough time to complete all my projects ahead of time.

So here we go, a run down of some of our Christmas celebrations this year!

[Immediate] Clum Family Christmas
We headed to my parents Christmas Eve Morning to exchange gifts with my sibilings, parents, and niece and nephew! After cinnamon rolls and orange juice, just like we've had every Christmas morning growing up, we opened gracious gifts and some homemade goodies! Afterwards we shared lunch before partially parting ways.

 Christmas Eve Evening: Christmas Eve my cousin Beth's little boy was baptized. Because of enjoyable fellowship with my sibilings, my parents, Chris, Ains, and I walked into the back of the church at 4:05, just in time to see Brayden baptized. Afterwards we headed to Aunt Sara's house for delicious munchies!

Great-Grandma Clum, Ains & I
Cousins Brayden, Samantha & Ainsley
Christmas Family Pic
Ainsley Jo
Christmas Morning: Christmas Morning Chris and I woke before church in order to exchange presents. Sleeping in until nearly 9am--which is almost shameful to admit for Christmas morning!!--we headed out to the living room to exchange gifts. Ainsley was wrapped up in a super soft Christmas blanket that we had received as a gift the day before from my sis-in-love and in her bouncer as we opened our gifts. Next year, I'm sure she'll be all about the gifts paper/boxes!
Momma * Hot Mess + Ains * Wide-eyed + Papa * Excitedly Cute = Christmas Morn
1/2 Massie Christmas: After opening our gifts between the two three of us, we headed to church and then to Chris' parents for Christmas with his parents and his sister's family. Both of his brothers were out of state on Sunday so Christmas with them are on different days. The boys were excited as they tore through their piles of gifts and enjoyed playing with many of them yet that afternoon!


Oh, and Micah likes to take pics so we had a mini photo shoot with my camera!

We're quite the photographer/model combo! :)

Big Clum Christmas: On the day after Christmas we headed to Greenville for the big Clum Christmas aka all my dad's side. My dad and aunt were in charge this year so I volunteered to have some games prepared for the group. I got all my ideas from this blog and they were all minute-to-win-it style games.



Make yourself into Rudolph.
With a pom-pom on a string and vaseline on your nose,
you've got a minute to get the pom-pom to stick!

Using only one hand make a pyramid
Christmas tree out of Red Solo Cups!


Funny story: My cousin's little boy [light green shirt] got up to the bench to make his pyramid. On your mark. Get set. Go! Without hesitation with only one hand he punched the stack of cups sending them across the gym floor and smiled indicating he was finished! I guess I should have explained the game a little better! :)


This one wasn't minute-to-win-it style. Instead one person with oversized gloves on tries to open the present
while everyone else is taking turns rolling doubles. Once someone rolls doubles, then that person gets
to take their turn at opening the gift. The catch is that there are about 5 boxes wrapped within the other boxes. My older brother was the only "adult" to participate, but I'm pretty sure that's because he knew there was a $25 gift certificate at stake.
He won! :)
Not everyone was able to attend, but we did have a good number so of course we need to take some family pics!

Top: Grandma Clum & all 5 of her children
Bottom: Grandma & 11 out of 16 grandchildren


17 of the 21 Great-Grandchilren

The Whole Clum Clan [in attendance--we were missing a few!]
Top: Smiles!
Bottom: Natural!
Lastly, Chris' favorite pic from the whole day!
Grandmomma-cita is excited
about a new book for Ains!

 As you can hopefully tell from all these pics, we have had a very wonderful Christmas! We were able to spend a lot of quality time with family and especially as I have grown a bit older more mature, I recognize that is what it is truly about!

And we still have two more Christmases! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment