Tuesday, January 31

Dear Ains [Week 22]

Dear Ains,
This week I have but one thing to tell you about that I have observed and become so, so obvious over the past week: You LOVE your papa!
Papa's Girl!

Seriously. It makes my heart melt to see you two together. You have such a wonderful Papa who loves you, and me, so much! He cares well for you and loves to love you! On several occasions this past week I’ve been in a different room in the house and hear your papa explaining life to you or suddenly I’ll hear cackle and know Papa has gotten you! Other times at nighttime, we’ll be lying in bed and you’ll be nursing just fine, focused on that milk like a lion honed in on its prey, then all of a sudden you’re smiling and lost focused. It never fails, the moments of distraction is caused by just one thing—your papa’s smile! It’s in these times that I just want to hit life’s pause button and savor the moment forever. You smile at others, but there’s just something different when you’re looking at Papa. J
On one other note [I know. I know. I said there’d only be one thing this week!] we put you in the nursery at church. You [usually] aren’t fussy during church but as you are growing you’ve just become louder so we decided it was about time to let you stay in the nursery. After filling your belly and your contact card, we were assigned call #3 and I headed to the main service. I knew you’d do fine in the nursery, but Papa and I, we weren’t as content. Baby Girl, you have no idea how much I was wanting “3” to pop up on that display! But it didn’t. And you were snoozing away when I went to pick you up after the service. And you’ll likely go back next week. And I’ll likely long for “3” for a few more weeks!
5 Month Photoshoot

Just love you lil’ girl!
-Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment