Tuesday, January 17

Happy Methuselah Day!

Last Tuesday when I arrived home from school as I entered our house, I sighed a breath of relaxation as the house was tidy and had a fresh aroma. (Some of the things on my makes me happy list!) Anyways there was two oddities: Mister and Ains were in our bedroom--and I hadn't heard a "hey babe!"--and our journal was right inside the door.

After putting my bags in their designated spots, I scooped up the journal, wondering if the two afternoon oddities were connected. I read the most recent words from Chris. A sweet note that ended with, "So we dressed up to show you how much we appreciate you. P.S. Happy 'Methuselah' Day!"

Wondering what the heck Methuselah Day was, I made my way back to the bedroom to see these two cuties!

My coordinating cuties!


I asked Mister about the meaning of the day and he in turned asked how old was Methuselah when he died?

My response of "really" wasn't accurate enough and I soon learned that just as Methuselah was alive for 969 years, Chris and I had been married for 696 days! So to celebrate--after doing a run around to get a new phone--we headed to OG to celebrate with a shared appetizer, a shared entree, and of course a shared dessert with a drink!

I may have failed at Bible Trivia, but I certainly didn't fail at marrying a man who creative loves me even when I'm unloveable!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!! That is awesome Rachel!!! :) I am very impressed. Maybe Chris can lead a class for the "older" married men in our class :)

    ReplyDelete