Tuesday, January 24

1st Gift of Christmas

Because one of my goals was to make a gift for everyone I gave a gift to one year for Christmas, I thought it only appropriate to blog about the specific gifts I made for Christmas this year!


The first gift that I made, and the first gift to mention on here, was a onesie for my nephew Stuart! It was super easy and pretty quick--the perfect gift to kick off this goal!


I got the idea from Pinterest. [You're going to wish you had a dollar every time I say that!] My sister-in-love has a board title "Stuart Richard" and captioned a onesie with sewn on suspenders with, "He needs this... Gpa Clum always wore suspenders...and since he was the long awaited Clum great grandson..its only fitting"

You see my dad is one of 5 boys in his family, 3 of which are boys. The three Clum men of that generation went on have From there, those three boys had 5 Clum sons. There are 16 grandkids. Well after my grandparents had 16 great-grandchildren they still didn't have any Clum boys to carry on the name from Grandpa Clum. And then came Mr. Stuart Richard Clum to carry on the name! He was a long await Great-grandson, garunteeing the name would be passed on at least one more generation. Grandpa, and Grandma, are certainly deserving of their name being carried on! So sine Joie made this comment on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it!


The process to make this was quicker/easier than I expected. I found some ribbon that I saved "just in case" in my sewing box that [I thought] was the perfect combination of cuteness and boyness--light blue with white polka dots. After cutting the ribbon the desired length of the suspenders, I simply stitched down both sides of the ribbon attaching it to the white onesie. Remember that you don't want the suspenders to go to the bottom of the onesie, but rather as if they would go to where the lil' one's pants would be. The top part of the ribbon was tucked under the folds on the onesie and the bottom part didn't need to look perfect either as it was then covered with a button. After the ribbons suspenders were attached, I sowed matching light blue buttons on by hand. [Note: I have seen some that aren't sewn all the way down each side of the ribbon, but I was pretty sure Stu's curiosity would ruin it in less than one wearing if it weren't sewn all the way!]

The suspenders aren't crooked on the right, just the angle it was laying! ;)


That's it! Gift was good to go.

By the way, I promise other Gift Making explanations will be more detailed, but [thankfully] this one was pretty easy-peasy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment