Sunday, July 31

Scrub-a-dub-dub, get this preggo in a tub!

Goal #21: Shower every single day for 2 weeks.

As of yesterday, I have showered every day for the past 14 days! Success. CHECK!

This may seem like a silly goal, and in reality it isn't a very serious one, but it is one that I had to be very intentional about completing! I just don't like to shower. It's not that I like to be stinky or sweaty, which I really don't like, it's just that showering is such a task to me! Kind of like running, getting started is the worse part, but I am always thankful that I did it when I'm done. :)

Most people are caught off guard by this thought process of mine and think that this means that I shower like once a week. Not true! I just don't enjoy the process of actually getting into the shower [especially in the winter because we keep are thermostat low], I still do it, for everyone's sake!! I have an idea inspired from another blog that might make showering more fun and not so mundane, so if I decide to incorporate that, I'm sure their will be a post to follow!


Perhaps if our bathroom was as serene as this,
I'd enjoy showering more! Doubt it! :)


Oh, and I was deliberate with this goal and would plan out when I'd shower. Not always did I feel like I needed a shower, but would take one anyways. I actually made it to Day #11 once, but because of our camping trip, I had to start over! I guess there's worse things that could've happened. :)

Goal #20: Brush my teeth twice a day, every day for 30 days.

Due to having to start over, I also completed a second goal yesterday! Yesterday also marked the 30th day in a row that I've brushed my teeth twice a day. I know this may be gross as well and I have friends who like brushing their teeth so much that they do it 4-6 times a day. Not me. I don't like bad breath, but no one smells my breath while I'm sleeping anyways so it just didn't make sense to me! I'm also convinced that when I do brush my teeth right before bed, I'm so much more thirsty in the night than if I don't so my laziness used to win out there too. Anyways, 2 goals completed in one day!


Keeping Track of my Goals.
One tick at a time!




So am I alone here or is there any others out there who don't particularly enjoy the task of actually getting into the shower or brushing your teeth [but of course do it anyways for everyone's sake]?!  I know I have one friend out there who's in a similar shower boat, especially in the winter, anyone else?! :)

2 comments:

  1. You know I'm with you on the shower thing. Unless I do something that makes me sweat, I have no shame saying I think it is acceptable to shower every other day. Oh and my hair goes atleast two days without getting washed every time. At least!

    Brushing my teeth on the other hand is sort of a non-negotiable. I have been cavity-prone my entire life, so I'm a real stickler about this. When I really don't want to, I stop and imagine what it feels like to get a filling done, and that is usually just enough inspiration to force me to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were definitely the friend I was refering to in my last blurb! :)

    As far as me, the brushing teeth 2x a day everyday will continue [for the most part]. The showering every day? Not so much! :)

    ReplyDelete