Tuesday, September 6

You shot me!

The game plan for Monday was to wake up slowly--that's always my game plan--and then head to Spencerville. Mister had to work a lunch shift, so lil' Miss Ainsley and I were going to meet up with my parents and head to Greenville to introduce Ainsley to her Great-Grandma Clum. [Ainsley is great-grandchild number 21 for her!]

Well the waking up slowly part was right on track as was timing for getting Ainsley changed and dressed and out the door to make it to Spencerville in the window of time I had given my parents. We had quite the obstacle. As I was changing precious Ainsley Jo, she decided she wasn't quite done doing her business. Note prior to this diaper change 3 out of the previous 5 changes resulted in "double changes". We'd notice she was wet and dirty, so we'd change her and then as soon as the fresh diap was fastened, blast off! She'd fill 'er right back up!

On this diap though, she didn't give me the change to fasten the clean one up! She literally shot me with yellow, seedy, projectile poo! All. over. I had just finished feeding her so I was in my bra and some sweats. After her damage, I had poo on my bra, all over my belly, on the sweats, and of course on the bedsheets!

She even filled my belly button! :)
[Excuse my post-partum belly shot.]

Ainsley made quite the mess of herself as well!


I screamed as if I had been shot with a gun and Chris came around the corner from getting ready for work with a worrisome look on his face, that quickly changed to laughter! This little girl is dangerous!

Now I needed to get myself cleaned up and Ainsley, so we were a little late heading out the door.

Great-Grandma Clum holding Ainsley Jo!

In addition to Ainsley's success in providing humor for the morning, she was also successful in being a wonderful baby as we traveled to and fro Greenville and she met Grandma Clum. Grandma wasn't having the best of days when it came to being "with it", but she was definitely with it when it came to lil' Miss Ainsley. She knew right away who she was, which "number" great-grandchild she was, commented about her hair coming from Chris, and even asked about my c-section. Her only off Ainsley comment was she said, "Well she does have a bit of a knot on her head, but don't worry Rachel, it's not that noticeable and it'll go away soon!" [I reassured Ains that she has a perfect little head--don't want the girl to be self-conscious!] Later Dad and I commented that babies seem to keep Grandma's mind a little straighter so I guess Clum cousins, listen up! We need to keep havin' 'em! :)

After our time with my parents and visit to Greenville, the lil' one and I were back home and then off to Grandma & Grandpa Massie's for supper and Ainsley-snuggling time. She even got to meet Uncle Mark and Aunt Bev while there. [And of course I forgot to get a pic!]

No comments:

Post a Comment