Thursday, September 15

Goal #1 Accomplished!

Goal #1: No fast food for a month—including drinks *cough* McDonald’s Sweet Tea.


Accomplished.




I would never say that I have been a fast food junkie, but I did eat more than is healthy--which would be any, right?! I would go on spurts where I'd eat it more often than other times [such as a span of about 2 weeks when I would regularly swing by McDonalds for a breakfast sandwich and the largest cup of OJ I could get them to serve me!] Every once in a while I have a craving for a fake hamburger--that's what I like to call hamburgers from fast food joints because, really how much hamburger do you think makes them up--but usually what draws me to a fast food drive-thru is a thirst quenching drink!


So for the month of July, I made it my goal to have no fast food for the entire month. But on July 20th after a discouraging doctor's appointment, my sweet husband brought home a large Sweet Tea from McDonalds. On several occasions, I really wanted a Sweet Tea from Mickey D's, but I withheld but not this day! I enjoyed every last drop! And then we had a huge garage sale down in Greenville at my grandparent's house the last weeknd of July. Lunchtime came around and we decided Subway was on the menu. After enjoying my 6" Club on Italian Herb & Cheese bread, "Dang it! I just ate fast food!" went through my head.

Along came August and I actually stuck to this goal! All 31 days of it! Thankfully I didn't put "no fast food or fair food" or I'd be working on this goal in September! :) It was harder than I thought to keep this goal, simply due to when I was out and about and really thirsty I had to resist the temptation of a Sweet Tea or other $1 mega-large drink! And there were a couple times that I just wanted a fake burger between meals that would've held me over to real meal time but just like they taught us in DARE, "Just say no!"


1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed. I can hardly go a day with out a McD's diet coke!

    ReplyDelete