Friday, August 19

It's that time of season...

It's that time of season.
It's that time of year.
The Allen County Fair is here!
I'm ready for Baby Massie to be here!

Well that's all true, but there's one hiccup: Baby Massie is clearly not ready.

Thanks to some crazy changes happening in my doctor's office--one doc suddenly quit "will no longer be a part of the practice" this week, the other doc had three surgeries this morning and then off on his vacation at noon, and then of course my doc is still overseas--I had a three hour doctor's appointment today. The good news of it all, I had my favorite nurse to chat with throughout the whole process!

My non-stress test went fine. My BPP ultrasound was seemingly good except our lil' one was a bit lazy so it needed to be gentle shocked. Another short wait and I got to see the nurse practitioner to be checked. She checked me at "a fingertip" dilated which is less than what the other two docs the last two weeks have said so that was a bit discouraging. My blood platelet count dropped again this past week--2 & 3 weeks ago it was 140, last week it was 133 and this week 124. As I left and set up another appointment for Monday, my actual due date, it was suggested that I lay pretty low this weekend and not do anything that would "induce" labor so that my doc can be here to deliver. My doc will be back from China on Monday so if I go before then I'll have a doc from another practice deliver the babe because she's picking up the on-call role since the doc that quit this week was supposed to be on call this weekend. Craziness, eh?!

My thoughts, I don't care who delivers this baby at this point and already accepted the fact that it'd likely be a stranger so what the heck! Additionally the weekend on-call doc was my next choice for a ob-gyn anyways!

So we wait and I try to manage all the emotions of waiting until that unknown day arrives, and in the meantime enjoy the Allen County Fair!

On a different note, while I anxiously await the day I accomplish Goal #24, yesterday I accomplished Goal #43: Go barefoot for a day. Yes, I did leave the house and still did this. For the majority of the day [through 5pm] I was at home and it wasn't until I went out to pick some veggies from the garden in the afternoon that I realized I hadn't worn shoes yet for the day. I was going to put some one, but then remembered the goal so went out to the backyard without. We went to Chris' parents for supper sans shoes [Chris joined me without shoes/sandals that this point]. It was even a little odd without shoes in the car and walking up to their house. Also because of the Fair, the Dairy Haus closes tonight so we wanted to be sure to get some ice cream before closing time. Chris and I headed to the Haus and got ice cream for everyone--sans shoes. This was the most mentally awkward as I felt a bit like a hillbilly, especially since there were so many people there getting their last ice cream for the season!!

Nevertheless, Goal #43 was accomplished!

Dirty feet and bulging belly.
Definition of "Barefoot & Pregnant", I guess.

My reason for this goal is that there are many people who walk barefoot everyday and don't know any different. I simply wanted to just be more aware of what it's like.

No comments:

Post a Comment