Wednesday, August 24

Hindsight is such an interesting view.

Oh how I love the bluntness of those that I work with!

If I received a dollar everytime one of my previous students used the word huge or fat today, I'd be able to take a full 12 weeks maternity leave and not worry about being paid!! In their defense--in addition to the fact that they are teenagers afterall--99.9% of them haven't seen me since week 29 and I have grown a lot in these last 11.5 weeks!

40 weeks Pregnant
Hello Baby Belly!!

Today was the first day of school and it went realitively smooth despite getting very little sleep last night. Even after 20 night-before-the-first-day-of-school nights, I still have those jittery nerves wondering what the day will be like. Combine that with some crazy thunder/lightening, rain on the metal window awnings and feeling like a beached whale everytime I wanted to flip from side to side last night, 4 hours of solid sleep did me well with today's students! :)

1st Day of School
A little sleep deprived +
running a little late =
Funky "smile"!
:)

I got to school early right on time and headed up to my classroom, half expected my substitute to already be there. He wasn't, which wasn't a big deal so I went on in and waited for the day to start. This year I have 1st period planning, so it's nice to arrive and not have to hit the ground running. I took time to make sure my ducks were in a row before the sub got there. This was unsuccessful as the one thing I needed to do yet was bring an extension cord for my projector and much to my overlooking the projector has 3 prongs. My cord? Only 2. Whoops. Good things it wasn't really needed today!

8 o'clock school start time came and went and still no sub. Now in reality this wasn't a big deal because obviously I haven't had the baby and I don't need a sub yet at this point. But he was supposed to be starting today regardless and there each day until after my maternity leave, just in case I have to leave partway through the day. Also I only have electronic copies of lesson plans and such because I handed over big ol' binders of hard copies to him last week. So with a text to Mr. Sub [thinking he was maybe elsewhere in the building] I was off to find a computer/printer combo that worked. [My desktop computer isn't hooked up to the printer and the printer my laptop computer is hooked up to was down for maintanence and jammed. :S]

I got what I needed for the day printed and received a response saying that he was in the ER all last night and therefore was not able to come in today! Holy moly! He reassured me he was "okay" and is planning on being there tomorrow, but today he was told to stay home. Suddenly not having hard copies of my lesson plans wasn't such a big deal.

The one thing that I kept saying to myself throughout the day after receiving that message was "hindsight is such an interesting view'. I mean seriously, I was due on Monday and every day for the past week or so I woke up and thought, "Welp! I guess the baby didn't want yesterday to be its birthday!" Throughout my day I commonly think, "Welp! This is complete!" or "That is now taken care of, so what else are youu waiting on baby?!" I'm okay with still being pregnant, really I am [hence the reason I forwent the c-section option on Monday despite the threat of a "large baby". I'm not uncomfortable despite my whale-like turn overs in bed. I mean heck, who else gets to enjoy the fair 6 out of 6 days so fair at 40 weeks pregnant?! :)

But this morning after receiving that text I thought, "Good thing I didn't have the baby last night! I wouldn't have had lesson plans for my sub's sub, nor would anyone had known that I needed a sub for my sub!" Isn't it funny how everything works out? I know that's how things will continue. Not only with this babe, but with my materinty leave/school year in general.

My sub is still planning on being there tomorrow though, and I am going to enjoy the fair again tonight, so Baby Massie, I think everything is in line now if you'd like to come tonight! ;)

2 comments:

  1. you look so cute! can't believe you're teaching while being so pregnant.. i had to catch my breath between every sentence when i was that big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that is by far my favorite prego look for you... its gonna be a must for when I carry my next clummer.... you just look so cute! :)...but I'm ready to see that Babe..kick'em out!

    ReplyDelete