Friday, August 12

Goal #95 and 2 sentence update.

Wendesday marked four weeks for another goal:

95. Use at least one coupon, per purchase, for every purchase for four weeks [grocery/drug store].*

Now I've been "couponing" for awhile now and have a stockpile of toothpaste and toilet paper to prove it, but I made this goal not because it'd be super easy, but rather because it should have been super easy but I knew that it wouldn't.

You see when I truly go grocery shopping, I look at the weekly match-ups with coupons, find my coupons, make a list and head out saving a good percentage. My problem is that I don't always think through what we have in the cupboards and what we'll want to eat that week. The result is a trip to the grocery to pick up one or maybe two things that are 99.9% of the time not on sale or do I have a coupon for. So this goal was created to cause me to think ahead and know what all I'd need for the week and buy it all in one stop, thus cutting down on extra driving and not getting the most out of my savings.

What I should've done was keep all my receipts for these four weeks to be able to note the savings, but what the heck, hindsight is 20/20 right?!

*Confession: Technically I made one trip to the grocery store that I didn't use a coupon at. There were a few items that I needed to pick up at Aldi's last week and they don't accept coupons there so I obviously didn't use one. :)

Oh and completely random with this post, but not if you read the previous one, after several phone calls to the hospital/doc's office, I got the results of my 24-urine catch. One number was a teensy-tiny bit high, but in the doc's words: "Don't worry it! Have a good weekend!"

Deal. Maybe a good weekend for having a baby. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment