Tuesday, July 26

Deep-fried Baby Jane?!

What does deep-frying, a baby, and Jane have in common? Well that would of course be 3 of the highlights of my last three days!

Sunday we went out to the Massie's house for our "2nd Annual Deep Frying Extravaganza"! Last year we had a little deep-frying fun and I think this will likely be a summer tradition! After waking up from a Sunday afternoon nap by claps of thunder, I was a bit worried that we'd have to postpone it for another day, but thankfully we didn't! So what did we deep fry you ask? Anything you can think of! After Course #1 of brats and potato salad [which were unnecessary, but enjoyed since we could easily fill up on deep-fried goodness] we started off with the veggies. That makes it healthy right?!

Course #2: Deep fried broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, onions,
sweet potatoes. 
 Everything except the sweet potatoes were battered. The sweet potatoes and the zucchini were my favorites! Of course we then had to have some dessert, as if we weren't full enough! We had quite the arrangement and everything was delicious! [The marshmallows, as suspected, instantly turned to liquid and didn't turn out but everything else did!] The batter for this was the equivalent of funnel cake! My favorite for this course was the deep-fried peanut butter Snickers bars!!

Course #3 Desserts: Oreos, Twix, Milky Ways,
3 Musketeers, Snickers, Peanut Butter Snickers, and
apples. [See it's not all unhealthy!]

It was all delicious! And our arteries are still clear!


Jane: After eating to our fill and beyond! I only had about 40 pages left to read in Jane Eyre. This is the first of the 43 books off the BBC list that I'll be reading for my goals! It took me longer to read it than I thought it would as it appears to be a small book, but in reality it was over 500 pages. It addition to the plot line, my favorite thing about the book itself is a little handwritten note inside the front cover:

My dearest Carrie, I found this in a cute little bookstore & thought you'd like it. I love you & will be home very soon! Love, J. 

How sweet is that?


And last but not least, today we got to one last glimpse of Baby Massie while on the inside! Today I had my likely final ultrasound with the goal of finding out how large the babe is and the amount of fluid in there. Everything seemed to be fine [I'll ask for sure on Thursday at my actual doctor's appointment, but the doc cleared me to go for today!

Also not that we wanted to find out the sex of the babe--I'm mean we've waited 36 weeks, what's another 4?!-- but again this child was not the most cooperative! We couldn't even get a good face shot as Baby M had its fist up over its face! Here's some pics from today's appointment nonetheless.

It may only be a little bit on the back of its head,
but that speckly line there is hair!
Hand over face.

Here's about the best that we could get with
the lil' ones lack of cooperation.

Based on the measurements that Jodi was able to get, despite the baby being balled up in there, its current estimated weight is 6 lbs. 9 oz. [This can be off as much as a pound and an half either way though.] Also at this stage of the game, the lil' one should be packing on an half pound a week, so in theory that means that in a little less than 4 weeks we should be welcoming a healthy 8 lb. 9 oz.

Hopefully the chub will stay!
I'd take a little sausage babe!

Can't wait! [Well once all my lesson plans are complete, I'm ready!! ;)]

1 comment:

  1. well you know Aunt Joie is excited about the Babe having even a little bit of hair :)...and the pictures are really neat!... Looks like a keeper.and this deep fried night- I just might come and be a "massie" for a night... you know me..if it isn't Fried salty or fatty..I don't like it. :)

    ReplyDelete