Saturday, March 23

Dear Jacoby [2 weeks]

Dear Jacoby,

You've been outside the womb for two weeks now, and home for one. So far, so good little buddy!

Naturally it's been an adjustment having you, and Papa and I still have a lot to learn but you are making it pretty easy. I think the hardest part is that because you were constantly monitored in the hospital, I'm constantly questioning in my mind--is that normal?! Even though your big sis is only 18 months older, it's amazing how much I have forgotten about newborns!

Superhero Birthday Party for cousin Micah
The other night as I was captivated by your dark little eyes, I proclaimed, "You are a boy!" To which your pap came from the laundry room asking what I was doing, changing your diaper? Although that was my first indication you were a boy when you were laid on my chest seconds after your birth, you just look like a handsome little man already! Your facial features--including that cute rugged double dimple on your right cheek--just scream, "I'm a little man, future heartbreaker!" I know you already have my heart, buddy and I'm so excited to see how you continue to grow and change.

I think I know where you get
your heartbreaker characteristics! 
We said our goal with you was to have you actually sleep in the cradle next to our bed versus in bed with us. I thought this would be easier because 1. you slept in the crib/basket during week 1 while in the special care nursery and 2. because I didn't have a c-section and that was a big reason your sis was in bed with us at the beginning, that wouldn't be a deciding factor.

Yeah, you've slept a couple hours in your cradle...

Time flies so quickly. Especially comparing you and Ains, it's obvious that you don't stay little long at all. I don't want to miss out on anything with you. I don't want to change things I've cherished with Ainsley simply to try things differently with you or because others say that we should do things differently! You are my itty bitty little man that will be going to kindergarten, high school, and off to live in your own way, way too fast. I want to be just as captivated and consumed by you at this age as I was by your sister's development!

I love you little man, and I wouldn't trade you for the world!

Love,

Momma

P.S. Although it's my goal not to compare you to Ainsley too much, once again, history has repeated itself!


You shot me!!
Totally unphased!
I'm just glad I had a blanket on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment