Monday, October 10

Goal Update!

Over the past couple weeks I've finished up and started a couple goals. So here's an update.

Accomplished Goals:
8. Try 4 new foods [or foods that I “don’t think I like”].
     Food #1: Canteloupe I'm not a big melon person--watermelon is the only type I like! Way back in July when we had some delicious chicken salad sandwiches, we also had some canteloupe. Now I've had canteloupe before, but I've been picking it out of fruit salad for years and passing it to my mom or Chris to eat for me. so I tried it that day. The verdict? I don't not like canteloupe, but I don't enjoy it. It's just sorta of bland. If I had to eat it, I would but I'll still be that girl who picks around it in the fruit salad!
    Food #2: Mahi Mahi "I don't like seafood." Well that's also what I would say if you asked me. I mean I like tuna from a can on certain occasions in tuna casserole, but that's about it. The fishy taste/smell is too much for me! Well at Ruby Tuesdays a couple months ago, Chris ordered an entree with a couple different meats on it. One of which was Mahi Mahi. It was alright...for the first bite and an half... until I thought about the fact that I was eating fish. :S
    Food #3: Salmon Same background as food #2, but this time we were over at some friends on Saturday evening and Micah grilled salmon and chicken. I choose chicken, which was delish, but ate a piece--note: not just a bite!-- of salmon. It was pretty good. It wasn't fishy but I did think it was a bit dry, although if it weren't dry it'd be full of fishy juices, so I'll take a bit of dryness!
    Food #4: Hummus Chris likes it and I even bought ingredients to make some in the very near future, but for Sunday's lunch we had some store bought Roasted Red Pepper Hommus [not a mispelling, that's what the label says!]. I ate a bit with some crackers. It wasn't bad, but the texture combined with a lack of strong flavor wasn't my cup of tea! I think it would be better on a pita with other fixins' to make a sandwich!
    Overall for all four foods, my conclusion is that I don't not like them, I just don't particularly like them! Not my foods of choice, but edible nonetheless! :)

42. Give Mister a goodnight kiss every night [that we’re in the same location] for 101 days.
Each night that Mister and I have been in the same location for the past 101 days, we have shared a kiss before drifting into sleep. It wasn't always accompanied with "G'night!" although oftentimes it was. The motivation behind this goal was the popular signs/phrase "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" that I've seen around Hobby Lobby and the internet! Such a tough goal to accomplish!

53. Memorize the books of the New Testament, in order.
     I've had a good general feel for the order of the New Testament and it would only take a minute to find the book I was looking for, but to ramble them off, not so much. I mean the Gospels? Check! Acts, Romans, 1 & 2 Corinthians? Check! Then "Go Eat Peaches & Cream". Galatians, Ephesians, Phillipians, Colossians. Check! But then came trouble! Timothy? Thessalonians? Who knows! Then one of the leaders mentioned that the next three sets of books where the T books in order from longest to shortest in terms of the length of the names. 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, and Titus. Then I remember: PHJ [Kind of like Ph. D.] Philemon, Hebrews, & James. Then remember your PJs--Peters and Johns and then I was good for the last two: Jude & Revelation. You see, ask me to remember something by straight memory and I've up a creek without a paddle, but if I can come up with sentence or silly phrase, I was golden! How else do you think I made it through 3 years of Spanish and ended up with the Boca Grande award in the end! :)


In-Progress  Goals:
5. Drink no pop for 6 months.
     I'm 9 days in for this goal. I was going to start on October 1st but then went to a Birthday party and pop was all that was sitting out. Oh well, a day later than planned. I've gone a year or so before without drinking pop, but the biggest thing for me to "getting going" with this goal is simply remembering to not drink pop!

28. Complete honeymoon photo album.
     I havethe album [for 2.5 years] and the pics [for 2.5 weeks]. Now they just need to colide and be done!

34. Invite friends—outside of Girls Group—into our home 6 times over the course of 3 months.
     We've done this twice, but since the three month mark will expire the end of October, I think we'll be starting over again! Unless you count people swinging by to meet Ains, but I think that's cheating a bit and I've already bent one goal thanks to her so I'll plan on starting over with this one!

45. Read 43 books from BBC Top 100 books.
     2 Books: Jane Eyre & The Twits! I need to get booking! [ha! I wasn't planning on a pun, but there's one nonetheless! :)]

52. Pray every night with Chris before bed for 30 days.
     After tonight, it'll be 9 days as we've been praying together each night since October 2nd. We're hoping to develop a bedtime routine with Ainsley that consists of feeding--well for the lil' one--then bath time, prayer/snuggle time, and sleep! I'm not keeping my fingers crossed on the routine, but we'll continue with the prayer!

54. Memorize the books of the Old Testament in order.
     I've got 27 of the 39 books of the Old Testament down thanks to Chris and similar nuemonics as I used for remembering the order of the New Testament. Not too much longer and creative ways and I'll have all 39 books down!

86. Complete paperwork for Century Farm Recognition.
     This one is for my Grandma Cow--any guesses why I grew up calling her Grandma Cow?! :) I have the print of for it, and will just need to do a little "interviewing" to know how to answer all the questions they ask! I just need to get busy!

There you have it! An update on all those goals! Until next time, friends!


P.S. Part of the reason for this post, in addition to one of my goals being to blog about each of my goals, another reason for this post is because my mom recently asked me if I was working on any of my goals. After an "Uhh... yeah... let me think" she quickly replied, "I'll take that as a no!" So I needed to check and see what I was actually working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment