Saturday, February 4

Goal #74: Don't Judge!

Remember my goals and how some of you rolled your eyes at a few?! Well Monday I accomplished one of those goals.


Goal #74 Pee. My. Pants.


Before you judge--if you haven't already--hear me out!


After spin, I had to go buuut we live a short mile and an half from where I work out and I didn't want to make ask my momma-cita to watch Ains while I took care of business. I mean I'm 25 years old. I can hold it for a few more minutes. Ain't no thang!


I load Ains into the car and climb into the drivers seat. Ugh! Sitting while having to go always makes it worse! As I pulled out of the parking lot, I dial Mister to ask aka warn him that the moment I got home I'd be rushing to the bathroom so if he could come out and get Ainsley, that'd be greatly appreciated! Yeah, well, no answer.


1 mile from home. I doubting my ability to hold it and have officially began a serious potty dance. I began talking to Ains to try to distract myself. This was not looking good.


And then I remembered Goal #74.


I thought about just letting it go right then and there, but really didn't want to it to soak into the leather seats--or cause some sort of crazy electrical short with the heated seats. What to do?! What to do!? As I made the turn onto our street. Three blocks. I can do it. As I continued to bounce which by this time was more like accelerating and then kicking both legs while the car coasted a bit [there was a car in front of me or else I likely would've been going 50mph!

I decided I was going to do it. I just needed to get to my driveway, open the car door and get out! But first I needed to rake off my shoes, and so I did, and I was already to relax and stop doing the crazy potty dance! I pulled in. Threw the car in park. Spilled out of the front seat.

And peed my pants! And laughed about it.

Chris came to the door [in his towel, hence the reason he didn't answer his phone], looked at me puzzled, and then we shared some more laughter!


As a side note, my pee spot was still there the next day
and I may or may not have laughed out loud like a goon when I saw it again! :)


So there you have it. The play-by-play of Goal #74, but perhaps more than the importance of that story is the "why" behind that story! Why would any twenty-something make it a goal to pee their pants?

Because it's freeing!

Seriously. Try it. All your life--well except for the first 2-3 years--we are told how "accidents" aka peeing your pants is embarassing and something you ought not to do. I promise you that if you fulfill this goal on your own, it is one of the most odd tension in that moment that you decided to start peeing. On the toilet it takes no effort to start. In your driveway, it definitely takes a bit of surrendering. I'd say it's worth it. Perhaps healthy ever so often! Ha! And as long as you take off those shoes, a quick jump in the shower and tossing your bottom garments in the wash and you're good to go with your night!

Don't be embarassed. Pee your pants. All the cool kids are doing it! ;)

4 comments: