Saturday, February 4

Dear Ainsley [Week 23]

Hey Sweet Thang!

You're smiles continue to melt my heart and I absolutely love waking up to you each morning! We've heard all kinds of "advice" telling us how awful of decision we are making by co-sleeping--everything from warnings of smoothering you in the middle of the night because that's what they say on CSI to fears about you never gaining independence. Most of the nay-sayers do have semi-legit warnings so to speak, but Baby Girl, I wouldn't trade our last 5+ months of sleeping arrangements for the world! [And I've done plenty of reading/researching to heed off those warnings with lots of benefits!]

Sure there will come a time when you are officially out of our bed and into your own [likely when Massie #2 arrives :)] but for now, I am going to continue to do what I've been striving to do since Saturday, August 27 at 3:17 a.m.--soak in every moment! Your snuggling throughout the night, your smiles in the morning, and not to mention the ease of feedings when you wake in the night all make making a double bed big enough for three well worth it! [Your Grandma & Grandpa informed me that a king is big enough for 6!]

When everything in the world is right.

So smiley.
Well baby girl, this one is going to be a short one for two reasons. #1. You didn't have any big milestones this week and #2 I'm tired and ready to join you in our bed!!

Blossoming Beauty!
Love you like a fat kid loves cake!

-Momma

P.S. I did have a student ask this week, "Ms. Massie, what's your baby's name again?"
"Ainsley."
"Man, I'm never gonna remember that!"
"Just call her Princess then. That's what I do!" :)

P.P.S. I have another student who refers to you as "Baby Isaiah" and asks about you regularly. You were actually do on his birthday! :)

1 comment: