Wednesday, February 22

Dear Ainsley [Week 24-25]

Baby Cakes--

Well my goal was to write you weekly for the first 6 months of your life and then monthly thereafter. Well I completely missed last [last] week. Drats! So thinking back to Week 24--which is my favorite number which makes the absense even lamer sadder--the biggest thing was Papa and my amazement with your movement! That backwards wiggle is getting better and better and Papa is convinced within 2 weeks you'll be crawling forward!

Also that week of your life included the Super Bowl. We headed out to Grandma & Grandpa Massie's, enjoyed a lot of food, and some watched the game! I had you as an excuse to not pay one bit of attention to the game--who won anyways! ;)--and realmly, you'll soon learn, the Super Bowl is translated commercials! Those weren't even that great this year. Ah, well.

Last but not least, this week's development/change we've noticed is that instead of sucking on your entire hand or your forefinger and thumb, you've begun to suck just your thumb. I'm not sure why the change, but for some reason it's incredibly cute--perhaps because it's YOU! ;)

Thumb Sucker


Now on to Week 25. This was one looong week! I had Parent-Teacher Conferences which means 2-12 hours days, but the wonderful part is that I was off Friday to compenstate for the late nights and we were cancelled Tuesday--your first Valentine's Day so it bad more some great Momma & Ains time! [Remember lil' one, your papa is your first Valentine, and any future Valentine's should be of his caliber!]

Someone found a bite of V-Day cookie!


In addition to the time we got to spend together, you also spent some time with your Aunt Joie and cousins Sondra and Stuart. I'm sure you were just taking in all their energy, but I know they sure enjoyed time with you!  As you grow older, I hope you have a special bond with your cousins. I hope Sondra is one you can look to as an older friend and Micah, Silas, and Stu are your adventurous protectors!

Clum Cousins

Thursday evening, you had your first slumber party guest--none other than Sondra Ray! She just. loves. you! We had a great time together and I look forward to many "Girl Cousin Sleepovers" in the future!!

Such a great cousin/helper!

Ay, ay, ay! This week has making me think to the future and cling to the present! Love you little one!

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment