Wednesday, December 28

Dear Ainsley [Week 17]

Christmastime 

Dear Ainsley,

On Wednesday I had an early release from school and your papa switched his working schedule around so the rest of the week, the three of us got some quality time in together! It was very much needed, and enjoyable! Because of a funky school schedule and doctor appointments, your uncle Zac watched you on Wednesday. This was his first solo babysitting--and diaper changing--experience and everything went great! With him you enjoyed your first Jerry Springer experience as well! I'm just thankful you don't know how to repeat anything yet!

Uncle Zac sent me this pic saying
he must be doing something right.
I'd have to agree.
Merry Christmas baby girl!! You have absolutely no idea what is going on around you, but your first Christmas is underway! A few weeks ago, your papa asked, "Do I have to get Ainsley something for Christmas?!" It's not that he didn't want to get you anything [especially this year because he's on it with gifts] but he wasn't sure if I expected him to get you something. We decided that it completely wasn't necessary this year. You didn't know any different, so instead of showering you with gifts that would just take up space and you wouldn't appreciate it we got your a Christmas dress, a "first Christmas onesie" and an ornament.

Christmas Eve was spent at Grandpa and Grandmomma-cita's house for Christmas was my immediate family and then in the afternoon we headed to Greenville for your cousin Brayden's baptism. You were passed around at Aunt Sara's afterwards.

Papa & Ains at
Grandpa & Grandmomma-cita's
on Christmas Eve

Attempted pic with
cousins Samantha & Brayden
Christmas Dress

 Christmas morning your papa and I shared our gifts as you sat in your bouncer chair and then were were off to church. 

Christmas Morning in the Bouncer
 Christmas with your Grandma & Grandpa Massie and the Krehers followed before heading back home for some rest! It was a big weekend and you still have the big Clum Christmas and the big Thayer Christmas!!

Christmas Day with Grandpa Massie
Even with you not knowing what was going on with all these Christmas celebrations and being Jesus, Christmas was so much fun with you Princess. We may not have witnessed joy on your face due to the holidays, but we certainly witnessed joy on others' faces when you were in their presence! That's what it's about anyways, right?!

Last but not least, we've learned yet another thing about you. On Monday evenings while Papa and I are at TFC, your Grandpa & Grandmomma-cita watch you and then this Friday when we went to the Villager with some friends we left you at there house for a couple hours. On more than one occasion [including this Monday and Friday] we arrived at their house to pick you up, expecting a good report, but instead you had just fallen asleep after being ridiculously whiny unusually fussy for most of the time. I hated that you weren't "good" for them because you weren't like that for us. Or so I thought! As I thought on it more, I realized that you are like that at our house in the late evenings but the difference? After about 2 minutes of that extreme fussiness, I scoop you out of Papa's arms and cradle you to sleep against my chest. I know I'm your momma and you like me for that reason, but this is the first time that I've clearly experienced how deep that preference is! Of course I don't want you to be fussy for anyone, it does make me secretively happy that there is a level of comfort only I can provide for you!

Love
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment