Wednesday, December 14

Dear Ainsley [Week 15]

[Still] Sweet Baby Girl-


You're my favorite lil' one! Of course I am biased, but you are so sweet and lovely to me. Although I teach others all day long--or as one of my students asked this week, "You just hang out with us all day long, right?!"--anyways, even though I'm commonly viewed as the "teacher", I love being a student of you! Your smiles, your cries, your personality, your potential quirks! It's all so captivating and intriguing.

One thing I learned, that I'm sure you'll later be embarassed by is your belly button squishes! Some times you have an innie. Some times you have an outtie. So the other day when I was changing you, you had an outtie so I decided to make it an innie... This is what makes me laugh more than anything else--other than your laugh--lately! I can feel is squish around in there! Having a squichable belly button may not be what you want when you're older, but for now, I love it! :)

What I don't love, but am trying to appreciate because I know one day I will actually miss it, is your night time carseat habits. I can't figure out what it is, but you don't usually enjoy these rides. I always thought that babies enjoyed car rides, but I guess you are just not "any baby". It's alright, we'll manage, but if you'd like to stop wailing while in that car, I certainly won't mind!

Another change I've noticed is your sleeping habits. You still sleep well, but this week you were a wiggle worm while you were sleeping! I definitely enjoying snuggling with you all night long, but this week, I was up more than you as I was constantly kicked and hit. You even picked my nose in the night at one point! Hopefully it was just a restless week for you as you had a bit of a cold because I'm not ready to kick you out yet!

After your first basketball game.
At which you saw your first, and hopefully last,
broken & dislocated elbow!

Until next time baby girl! You are having your play premier this weekend being Baby Jesus in our church program, so hopefully you can live up to the role! Your papa wanted you to wear a onesie that read, "Jesus loves me!... err... I love me?" The choir director requested you not be in pink. I think we'll stick with all white! :)

Much love!
Momma

4 comments:

  1. She is so so darling!!! But I do kinda have some bad news for you. My girl, she's 6---still crawls in bed with us at night (at least 3-4 nights a week). She starts out on her own, but ends up in our bed. And the kicking thing---I don't think they ever lose it!! We have a king size bed and she usually ends up kicking either her dad or me out!!! :) Many nights I have slept in her bed while she slept in mine!!! And the nose picking thing---wait till she tries to do it when she is older. Mine thinks its funny when I'm not paying attention to stick that little finger up there. It does get my attention!! :) But ya know what---I wouldn't trade it for anything!!! Enjoy each moment. They really do go way too fast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same stocking for Smith! (the one in the middle) And I almost got a bunch for future children haha how funny. great minds have similar taste in christas decor i guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura: Did I ever tell you that I bought 6 stockings last year for Chris, future/potential children, and me!standing in Meijer we had to decide how many children we wanted!we had 5 in our hands and Chris suggested we better grab one more!
    Joy: I'm sure our adventures of sleeping are just beginning!so far this week, sleeping hasx been better and she's snuggled all night through until aboutt 5:30 which is her usual feeding time! :-) Hopefully she waits a bit longer to kick me out. I don't think I'll fit in the crib or cradle too well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You three are just adorable! I love the new photos and tell Ainsley to break a leg in the manger... wait, that doesn't sound quite right!
    Missing you lots and love you bunches :)

    ReplyDelete