Tuesday, November 1

Happy Halloweenie!

*This was written and not posted on Sunday evening. I just needed to add pics but Ains woke up and needed some cuddling so blogging just had to wait. She takes priority! :)*

This morning when heading to church it wasn't a decision whether or not we'd be walking because instead of heading to LBT, we were off to Southside [my Wednesday night church] to comemerate a special occasion. This weekend marked what would've been my Grandma & Grandpa Cow's 50th wedding anniversary. Yet instead of attending a celebration of sorts to honor this milestone, my family got together to show support of my grandma and in remembrance of my grandpa. Grandma purchased altar flowers to honor the occasion and the sanctuary was adorn with 4 beautiful banners that the church purchased with monies donated in my grandpa's honor.

After church we headed to my parents' for some of my Momma's Mac & Cheese and trick-or-treating. Sondra rode home with us "to help watch Ainsley" so the drive went quickly as we discussed the color of eyes, spelled everything from car to jack-o-lantern, debated what to do with our hands while we prayed, and tried to explain the definition of "included" to a 4-year old. [That's difficult! I'll have to come up with a better explanation for when Ains poses that question because I ended up saying, "Ask your mom! She'll know." :)]

We enjoyed our body weight in mac & cheese and waited for 3 o'clock to roll around for Trick-or-Treating to begin. The list of characters in the Clum household consisted of Batgirl, The Bachelor, and a Lil' Chickadee!




I'd say they were a pretty good looking crew!

Stuart was satisfied with his loot after a couple houses and Sondra made it down the street and back before we just stayed at my parents as they passed out candy. Oh, and Ainsley? She was a sleeping Chick after about 2 houses. Which was just fine since I was not one of those mom's who was taking my 2-month old trick-or-treating so I could eat all her candy! :)



After about 350 kiddos, my parents ran out of candy and we all headed in!

Ainsley's first Halloween/Trick-or-Treat? Success.

In other news, I've accomplished a couple more goals as of late.

Goal #32: Hit the snooze button no more than 1 time for a week straight.
Getting up in the morning just isn't my thing. It doesn't matter if it's 6am or 11am, if it ain't Christmas morning, getting out of bed is not on my top priority list! All comfy and snuggly, why would anyone want to leave that place?! When Mister and I were first married one of the things he just "didn't get" was that I'd set my alarm at a time knowing I was just going to hit the snooze. It made perfect sense to me. Not so much to him! So that was the inspiration for this goal, and not this past week [I hit the snooze plenty then!], but the week before, I accomplished it!

Goal #76 Smile while petting a cat. [Although I know this won’t be a “fun” one!]
I hate cats. Period. Ask anyone who knows me decently well and they'll know this tidbit. The root of this hatred is actually largely fear. Not only are cats so dang mysterious and they'll going from purring and "cute" [so to speak, not in my mind] to hissing and attacking. I just never know what they'll thinking! Anyways, when I was a wee lil' one, I had repetitive dreams nightmares about cats attacking me in Wapak's high school cafeteria. So as long as I can remember, I've dispised avoided them at all costs. [I also had repetitive dreams about a big green dinosaur chasing me through Big Bear, but that didn't have the same effect!] A couple weeks ago, at TFC's Fall Bash though, I did indeed pet a cat, which was big enough in and of itself, but I was also fake smiling while I did it. I asked Chris to record it with a pic, BUT I can't find it!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post full of memories with family :) It is so neat that your Grandma's church honored your Grandpa so meaningfully. That really says a lot about the sense of community they must have there.

    and your little chick is the cutest! I dreamt of babies all night because of all of the sweet little ones we saw!

    ReplyDelete