Wednesday, November 16

Dear Ainsley [Week 11]

Dear Ainsley,

This past week was one long week lil' girl! I had Parent-Teacher conferences so my usual 7-hour day quickly turned into a 12-hour day. That's a lotta missing you--and your papa! Thankfully you're still too young to really miss me, or that would've broke my heart! Those long days just make me thankful that Thanksgiving aka 3.5 days off of school is right around the corner and Christmas break isn't too far either! Waaahhoooo!

In addition to two long days of PT conferences this week, we also went to 2 banquets and had our first overnight guests since you were born. Your papa's best friend Josh and his lovely wife Leslie came to visit this weekend. You see they are going to be going overseas to do humanitarian work for three years and so they were visiting in order to raise support. We loved showing you off to our great friends and loved watching them interact with you. The next couple of years while they are overseas you won't get to see them much, or at all, but your papa and I can't help but look forward to when they have a lil' one for you to be great friends with as well!!

Two other things to note about this week are your smiles and your sleeping. Most nights you wake up just one time to eat and then are out the rest of the night. Sometimes of course you sleep the whole night through! We never thought you'd sleep so well from the beginning and are already dreading your future little brother or sister's potential sleeping habits! I'm also thinking you may be a sleep walker like your momma--I'll have to tell you those stories when you get older--because boy do you wiggle at night. Squirming and worming but perfectly content.

When you wake you are such a smile box. I love the weekends when I get to be with you as you wake because you just smile and smile and smile. Papa and I love just laying in bed watching your smiles. It's so contagious!

You're growing so big so quickly. I'm doing my best to treasure each moment!

Love you more than you'll know!
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment