Monday, November 21

Dear Ainsley [12 weeks]

Ains:


12 weeks old! Can you believe it? I wonder if you can believe at all at this point?! At 12 weeks, I feel like it's at the point that we start to refer to you in terms on months not weeks! My, how the time has flown! I'm trying to hold on to each moment!


Monday you accomplished quite the amazing accomplishment! You said your first word!! You and I were upstairs at TFC because you were so chatting while the meeting was supposed to have a more serious mood. As we set up on the couch, you spat your pacifier out so as I offered backed to you, I asked, "Do you want your paci?" Right on cue, you yapped, "Yeaaa!" Stan from the kitchen immediately jolted his head towards us and confusingly asked, "Did she just responded to you?!" I confessed that you did, but it was purely coincidental! It was so neat though! Your Papa and I love to have "conversations" with you. As you coo and "talk" we'll have a conversation and then laugh uncontrollably as your expressions match up with what we are saying!


This week was a funky week as far as our schedules. On Thursday and Friday evenings, your papa and I went to concerts. This meant more quality time that you got to share with Grandpa and Grandmomma Clum, but this also meant more time we spent a part. After a bit of a fussy evening on Friday, we decided that you just missed us, so we snuggled the night away! Thanks to our funky schedule, my body's schedule was a bit funky as well! Something you won't fully understand until you are a mother yourself, just like I didn't understand what the discharge nurse meant when  she said I'd feel like cement when my milk came in. Let's just say, I felt like cement. After feeding you, I went out to the living room to pump out that cement! Shortly thereafter you were stirring and so was Papa. He came out and said he needed to give you a bath because you were all wet. He blamed it on a full diaper, but in reality it was my fault! :S This is the downfall of our bodies being so incredibly smart and adapting to your demand. When schedules switch, the body can't immediately adjust. Oh, well. Clothes can be washed! While you were being washed, your papa was talking to  you as usual, then the cutest was after he was done bathing you, I heard him say, "You did it! Give me a high 5!" You two are too cute!

12 Week Slobber Box


Well baby girl, happy 12 weeks almost 3 months! Looking forward to a short 1.5 work week and lots of family time!


Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment