Friday, April 15

The "BIG Reveal"!

So as most of y’all know, yesterday we had our ultrasound to hopefully discover the gender of the lil’ one that has taken residency in my womb. Like I mentioned before, neither Chris nor I had a strong preference of the gender, but we just were really looking forward to knowing.

Wednesday night I baked cupcakes and hollowed out the middles. I had whipped cream ready in the fridge and blue and pink dye waiting on the counter. As soon as our appointment was over, we’d run home fill our cupcakes with pink or blue cool whip, ice them and then head to our ‘rents to reveal the gender of their third grandchild! First to Chris’ parents’, then drop Chris off at work, then to my parents’, I’d wait there until Zac got off give him a cupcake, and then hopefully stop by Grandma & Grandpa Cow’s for a few minutes before getting back to our house for Girls’ Night for the gender reveal and the Creamery. It was all planned out.

One little hiccup occurred: we had no idea whether to fill the cupcakes with pink or blue filling!

I didn’t even want to make the rounds, but as I mumbled “What do we do about all the cupcakes?!” Chris said, “We still do it.” *sigh* This wasn’t part of the plan. So instead our family and friends got to bite into green filled cupcakes.

Boy?! Wait that's green? Yep, we don't know what's in me!

Note that it was not by lack of effort that we were not able to tell the gender! Jodi poked, prodded, and shook my belly like it was her job! ;) Our child was not budging! I’ve heard of babies being cross legged hiding their business, but this child of ours had its knees locked together. Not of glimpse of light could’ve been seen between its thighs. As a result 45 minutes later, he may be a he or she may be a she.

Despite not really caring the result of yesterday’s appointment, I’d be a liar if I said I wasn’t bummed. Chris and I drove separately as we were both coming from work, so we obviously had to drive separately home. I got into my car, pulled my new zebra shades down over my eyes, and pulled out. Just as a single tear fell down my cheek, Thisis the Stuff by Francsesca Battstelli. Now this song’s beat is mildly annoying, but it’s so true for my life. It speaks about how there are small things that don’t really matter that test your patience and such and because of all of that, we forget our many blessings. So true. It definitely wasn’t the song I wanted to hear at that moment, but nevertheless it was a good reminder.
So I guess we'll move on, not knowing if our first child will be a boy or a girl, and having a gender nuetral shower, and getting a huge surprise come August! Honestly, yesterday I was extremely bummed about not knowing, simply because I had the expectation of knowing, but now I think I *may* be able to last another 19 weeks before finding out!
Here's a little glimpes of the stubborn and in control modest lil one! I'm sure [s]he be perfect! : )
Face shot, with it's nubby right arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment