Tuesday, April 12

A Couple More Days...

So in just a couple days... well in 1 day and 17 hours, but who's counting... Chris and I have our ultrasound in which we will hopefully find out if we'll be welcoming a bundle of blue or pretty in pink come fair time! Neither of us have strong feelings one way or another, so we're excited just to know!

At first we were thinking girl because Chris had baby girl dreams whereas I hadn't had any gender specific dreams. Additionally at my first appointment when we could hear its lil heartbeat, the heart rate was higher. So without any super strong feelings, we were thinking "Girl!"

Then I had my next appointment. Its heartrate was at the other end of the spectrum [and I even had a sweet tea and a snicker's cream egg before that appointment!]. So that threw that theory to the wind. But really got us thinking maybe-blue was my friend BFer's unique wive's tale. Now as a preggo lady, I've done plenty of online reading and heard lots of crazy wive's tales... peeing in cabbage water, peeing in Drano, ring on a string, baby daddy weight gain... but she had one I had never heard of. She brought her lil' bundle of joy over during my Spring Break and as we caught up she told me to look on the inside of my ankles and determine which was puffier. Swollen on right meant girl, more swollen on left meant boy. It was accurate for her and her friend that told her about it. So by the end of the day I asked every pregnant lady I knew who already knew the gender of their babe and guess what!? 6 for 6 accuracy! So if Thursday makes 7 for 7, we'll be welcoming blue!

So we shall see, and those closest to us shall see as well when they bite in to a cupcake with either pink or blue filling to reveal if there's pink or blue "in me"! We shall see! :)

What I am really excited to see, is our baby again whether he's a he or she's a she because last time the bean looked like this:
Dangling monster darling! : )
Look for an update at the end of the week!


1 comment:

  1. I'm totally still going with boy!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete