Friday, May 20

Happy [Belated] Anniversary to Us!

The first week of May, I had over half a post typed up but since I never finished it, it just got deleted and now to begin again!

So with that one scrapped, here's a fresh one! On Monday, Mister and I celebrated 2 years of marriage! In many ways, 2 years doesn’t sound like much at all, but in other ways it seems like such a long time! I even go back and forth in my mind if it “feels” like it has been 2 years. In one moment, it seems like just yesterday we said “I do!” and in others, that seems like an eternity ago!

Last year we decided that on our anniversary we would write each other letters and share a bottle of bubbly. Then after reading the letters and finishing off the bubbly, we would put the letters in the bottle. This was in part because of the creative way that Chris proposed so we want to carry on the tradition!

Monday nights I have spin class and Chris usually goes along and runs while I am working out and so despite our celebratory anniversary, we first went to spin and then Chris “had something planned” for after. Well thanks to the rain, and more rain, and more rain, that let loose while working out and continued thereafter, his plans had literally been dampered! So instead of enjoying the picnic he packed out in the sunshine, we enjoyed it in our living room.

Sorry it's sideways, I can't figure out how to rotate without reuploading which will until our 3rd Anniversary!



We enjoyed some cheese and crackers, veggie pizza [a personal favorite of mine], fruit, and bubbly [sans alcohol of course]! Delicious. We read each other’s letters and shared good conversation. After supper, we watched a movie together [thanks to our free Netflix trial which I signed up to earn more Swagbucks for our milker money fund J ] and enjoyed my favorite desserts from Olive Garden! Yum! Yum!
The movie was good, and made us appreciate our love and even brought tears to both of us a couple of times, but that is our lil’ secret right?!

Lastly, I figured I’d share about my not so original anniversary gifts: Love Books.


I’ve known for a while what I wanted to do because I was reading a friend’s blog and in her post she referenced another blog. I read the story about the SmallMetal Box which was originally an Ann Lander’s letter. As soon as I read it, I knew that would be his anniversary gift.

When I went to get the supplies to make the box, I made several rounds in Hobby Lobby searching for just the right supplies to make the perfect love box. I finally gathered everything I thought I would need and was quite excited about it! Then as any good shopper does, I decided to make my way through the clearance aisles. Well much to my surprise when I walked through one aisle, I found a fake book box that had love written all over it, literally! It was also half the price of all my supplies so I went with the premade gift instead! Here’s our love book:

I gave him the book/box with a dollar to start it off right of course! ;)
 

I also designed the cover to our own little love book. Thanks to a great deal I was able to find at papercoterie.com, I made a journal with some pictures. This journal will be used to share our love, our encouragement, and our life with one another. We will be taking turns writing letters to each other and then cleverly hiding the journal for the other to find it, and it will continue back and forth. I’m excited to affirm and love Chris well through words and create our own little book of love!



This was also inspired by www.todaysletters.com.

So all in all, Happy Belated Anniversary to my favorite couple! J

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet blog post and beautiful anniversary! I think that Josh and I should start being more intentional with anniversary traditions. I can't think of anything that we specifically do on our anniversary. Also, what movie did you watch that brought tears to both of your eyes? and I love the journal idea! I'm so glad you enjoyed the 'todaysletters' blog. I find her inspiring and love her suggestions for a strong marriage.

    Whew! This is a long comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie! :)

    The movie that we watched was "Dear John".

    Chris actually told me this morning that he wrote in/hid the journal last night while he anxiously couldn't sleep for the 5k this morning, so I need to go on a hunt already!

    ReplyDelete