Thursday, July 5

Dear Ainsley [10 months]

Dear Ainsley,

I thought for sure in this update, I'd be telling you how you are walking up a storm. Not that you "need" to walk yet, but you are.so.close! You continue to couch surfer with ease and on a few occasions you've taken one step and the quickly drop or cling onto whatever is nearest and on one occasion you took a step AND AN HALF. Regardless of when you decide to let go off stability security, it's enjoyable to watch your progress every... step of the way. :-)

You've had more teeth pop through this last month as well. Your bottom two came in together Easter weekend and then your next one was your top left--not the middle--tooth. I thought it was paper as you didn't even fuss when it popped through. Thankfully it wasn't supposed to be your middle or we would've needed to already start saving for the orthodontist! Shortly after that one popped through we noticed that your other THREE top teeth were visible through your gums. Just this past week your middle left tooth came and I think the outside right one will be next we shall see. You've been a bit more fussy with these three coming in, but nothing like the horror stories you hear. In particularly at night, you're more finicky about your mouth--paci, no paci, gnaw on hand. No complaints though.

In other night news, Papa and I are working on your night time routine. Because some nights you still thought all night buffets were appropriate, I decided first to focus on breaking that habit. It took three nights and less than 10 minutes of fussing upon your waking to put you back to sleep without nursing. I was pleasantly pleased. Since then with a goal bedtime about 9pm, you will commonly sleep until 2 or 4am, wake, fuss for a minute--usually the paci debacle--and then go back to sleep. If you wake after 6am, I usually nurse you and you'll sleep another 3 hours or so. So far it's working well for us, and I'm thankful for that. Our next step is to get you to sleep by yourself. It'll be more like a leap, but we'll be moving that way soon! Perhaps as we transition you to whole milk.

Posing for Papa's Ugly Tie Contest Pic...
Which he WON!
I think you had something to do with it.

One of my favorite things this month has been watching all your silly faces. You are very expressive from your scrunched face to your not to gummy grin. As silly as your scrunched face is, it's so hard not to constantly encourage you to make it!

My favorite scrunched face!
It reminds me of this post's comparision!

 One of your favorite things this month seems to be getting into all the bottom cupboards. You would stand and bang the doors open and closed for an hour if we'd let you--and oftentimes I would as it would give me time to cook or do dishes. I can't count how many times I said "We open and close, but we don't take things out!" Without fail you knocked the stack of your little food containers all over the floor once a day. Now though, Papa took away all the fun since putting the child proof latches on all the cupboards. In some ways, he Papa-proofed it too! ;-)

Before Papa ruined the fun!

Well sweet Pete, I'm looking forward to this next month with you as there is very little on my to-do list work wise and lots on my to-do list Ainsley-wise! You are my favorite little person. :-)


I have no idea where your funny faces come from!
Love
Momma

3 comments:

  1. I love all the facial expressions in the last picture, ha ha ha! Too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the whole sleep thing! And love the adorable nose scrunching :)

    ReplyDelete