Thursday, July 26

Dear Ainsley [11 months]

As mentioned before we took some of Ainsley's 1 year pictures this week. A few of my favorites are scattered through this letter to Ains. The rest are on Facebook. Enjoy our sweet lil' one! :)


Dear Ainsley-


Next month you are turning 1! And I'm so excited for it. I know all parents say it, but it seems like just yesterday you were born. Especially with a new baby brother or sister on his/her way in a few months, it's my goal to continue to soak up these moments with just you and Papa.



 This month was a month of transitions for you. Our first attempt to switch you over to whole milk resulted in a rash a couple days later, which ended us at the doctor to learn that you had hand, foot, and mouth disease and impetigo. We went back to nursing for a couple weeks until it was all cleared up and then you're back to the milk, without a problem. After Grandma-wisdom, we decided 1-2% milk was a better option than the whole milk as the fat enzymes that remain in your poo may have been the root of the rash. [Your Papa had similar issues as a wee one.] Now at your 11-month birthday, you are going on nearly a week of whole milk only. You and I thankfully, have handled the transition well.




Your other BIG transition was into your crib at night! Now I'd been dreading thinking about this transition for months. Nine times out of 10 when we'd tell someone that we co-slept, a comment would be made about the nightmare we'd experience when we tried to get you to sleep on your own. Your Papa and I decided that come Summer we'd make this transition. I mean I don't need sleep in the summer, right?! Well June came and went and we snuggled through the early summer nights. With a work trip planned for the 2nd full week of July aka 1 king bed in our room, we decided after that would be a great time to make the switch. I stalked the blogworld for support and suggestions and then came July 19th. Papa gave you a bottle and rocked you to sleep. He laid you down in your crib. Instantly you woke in tears, but 3 minutes and 8 seconds later, you were out for the count!! [Yes, momma timed it! I was only going to let you cry for 5 minutes. :)]




You woke a couple times that first night for a few minutes each time but considering it was the first time in 327 day and the only time in your entire life that you had slept farther than an arms distance from your momma, I thought you did great!! The next night, I was whooped and Papa had nighttime duty. He rocked and rocked you, and next thing I knew, I woke next to Papa and you in our bed. He informed me it wasn't worth the fight and there's another day to try. Good enough for me. 




Well the next night, Papa wasn't feeling too great and I tried to get you into your crib peacefully. You wanted nothing to do with sleeping let alone your crib, so that night? Papa woke next to you and me. :) Since then though you've slept in your crib and most nights you haven't even woke during a 9 or 10 hour stretch. It has been wonderful! And as much as we loved your nightly snuggles, we've enjoyed the slumber party like pillow talk and evening time together since we've made the transition. You still cry like crazy for a few seconds [13 to be exact the other night] or a couple minutes [not more than 3 yet though] as soon as you are laid in your crib, but so far, so good!!




In addition to those major transitions, you are still as cute and fun as ever! Your personality is really starting to shine and your facial expressions crack.us.up! Today, I think you learned what the word "kisses" means, although it's important to keep our mouth shut when we receive such kisses right now! ;)
My fav!


Keep being sweet, sweet Pete! Keep being the joy to our world!


Much love,


Momma

1 comment:

  1. These are all so adorable. I agree that the last one is my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete