Saturday, September 18

Shopping

Within the last couple of months [actually it was on August 11th that I Facebook-declared myself as a crazy couponer], I have been couponing. It is so. much. fun!

For one I actually pay attention to how much things cost. Before "good deals" were simply based on how much something costs today compared the the full price tag under that little yellow attention grabber. I had no idea what the usual cost was of items. Now I see shoppers going crazy with $ .50 off sales and shake my head and smile because I know that 1/2 the time it's usually $1 off.

Also I am not so drawn to those little yellow tags. I know that if I don't really need it, and it's not a really good deal, it's not worth it! I actually say No!  to a sale! *gasp* :)

There are a lot of things that I have learned by couponing and the best part is that we save SO much money!

Since my receipts were laying around, I figured I should figure out exactly how much we have been saving! So here's the breakdown:

August 28th:
Spent:     $67.59          Saved:      $96.05         Number of Items: 66         Saved: 59%

September 1:
Spent:     $4.08            Saved:      $34.54         Number of Items: 14          Saved: 89%


September 17th:
Spent:     $53.03          Saved:      $61.86         Number of Items: 43         Saved: 53%

September 18th:
Spent:     $44.44          Saved:      $95.11         Number of Items: 56         Saved: 68%

We'll see if this continues, but for today's shopping below is a pic of what all I purchased. 



Not pictured: 10 lb. bag of potatoes and a case of water. Pictured: More than a cupboard full!

How can it not be fun to bring that much home and know that you saved as much as you did!

Anyways, off for some more shopping...not grocery shopping :) baby shower shopping!

4 comments:

  1. Rachel! That is so awesome! Nicole has just started using savingsaddiction.com to do the very same thing. The other day she spent $19 and saved $90 or something crazy like that. Do you use a website? Tell us your secrets!

    Also, thank you for commenting today! I love your idea. That's creative in itself. You two are so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually primarily use the website www.bargainstobounty.com which is also a Michigan based site. You people up north tend to have more sites that I stumble upon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Afternoon

    Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, I was doing this for a long time and then quit because I felt life got too busy. But after looking at your savings and thinking what else could be bought with that money I have decided it is important to keep up with this! Thank you for posting the website you use (your friend as well). We can use coupons 6 months past the expiration date here so there is no reason I shouldn't be able to rob the store! :)

    ReplyDelete