Wednesday, February 27

History Repeats

Remember this post by chance?!

Well let's just say history repeats itself.

Yesterday. 3:40 appointment. High blood pressure [150something over somthing.]

10 minutes of laying day and "relaxing thoughts".

147/something.

Not a single other thing is odd or off, but my blood pressure to way to high for my normal.

Doc comes in checks everything out, says that I'm not even dilated [but remember this from last week?!] How does that even happen?!?!

Off to the hospital.

Momma-cita meets me there and Mister joins after work.

Hospital gown? Check.
Pee in a cup? Check.
Monitors? Check.
Blood pressure reading? 122 over something. [Which is normal enough for me!]

Starving because it'd been 7+ hours since I had eaten? CHECK!!

We had to wait for all the lab results to get back and my blood pressure was read every 15 minutes [usually at about 112 over something], which took about 3 hours to do.

So 3 hours later I was discharged with a "take it easy, drink plenty of water and hopefully we'll see you soon to deliver that baby!"

Oh and I had the nurse check me before I left, because I was completely baffled how I went from 1 cm to 3 cm the next week and then completely closed the following week. The result? I am still 3 cm. My doc just didn't "look around" enough. Since I'm still super posterior and it's baby number two, the nurse said it can take more effort that a quick check. Whew! I was hoping that super cold weather last week didn't have such effect on me! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment